Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is a milestone in the history of the Bollywood film industry. It is an Indian classic movie that has broken down all records in the Bollywood. Released on October 20th, 1995, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge has set records of the completion of 600 weeks in the Maratha Mandir, a prominent movie theater in Mumbai. Directed and produced by the super talented youngster Aditya Chopra, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - the film has been a smash hit at the box office of Bollywood.
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, 1995 belongs to the genre of Bollywood romantic movies, and has tasted both the commercial and critical success. The movie, after its release, broke all records and set its own milestones. This movie involves all big names, who have contributed a lot in the huge success of the movie.
This movie was ranked by the Indiatimes Movies as one of the Top 25 Must See Bollywood films. This film was honored being listed among the only two Hindi films in the 1001 Movies to see before you die.
The story line of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is a pure love story of two young couples, who initially faces problems from the family, with the girl`s father insisting on arranged marriage. But at the end, everything settles down and the couples are united. It was filmed in London and was considered as the first film in Bollywood to talk about the Indians living abroad.
Counted among one of the important Bollywood romantic movies, this movie has amazing star cast. The star cast of the movies includes the following:
- Shahrukh Khan as Raj Malhotra
- Kajol as Simran Singh
- Amrish Puri as Chaudhry Baldev Singh
- Farida Jalal as Lajwanti Singh
- Anupam Kher as Dharamvir Malhotra
- Satish Shah as Ajit Singh
- Achala Sachdev as Simran`s grandmother
- Himani Shivpuri as Kammo Singh
- Pooja Ruparel as Rajeshwari Singh / Chutki
- Anaita Shroff as Sheena
- Arjun Sablok as Rocky
- Karan Johar as Robbie
- Parmeet Sethi as Kuljeet Singh
- Mandira Bedi as Preeti Singh
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge bagged innumerable awards at the 1996 Filmfare awards. It received the awards on the following categories:
- Best Movie Award: Yash Chopra
- Best Director Award: Aditya Chopra
- Best Actor Award: Shahrukh Khan
- Best Actress Award: Kajol
- Best Supporting Actress Award: Farida Jalal
- Best Comedian Award: Anupam Kher
- Best Lyricist Award: Anand Bakshi for Tujhe Dekha
- Best Screenplay Award: Aditya Chopra
- Best Dialogue Award: Aditya Chopra, Javed Siddiqi
- Best Male Playback Award: Udit Narayan for Mehndi Lagake Rakhna
This excellent movie was produced by eminent Yah Chopra. Written by Aditya Chopra himself and Javed Siddiqui, this movie was contributed a lot by the cinematographer Manmohan Singh. It was edited by Keshav Naidu and distributed by the Yah Raj Films.
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is also remembered because of the beautiful numbers that add charm to the film. None of the songs are irrelevant and are wonderfully blended with the movie story line. Music composed by the talented Jatin Lalit, the movie has some unforgettable songs like `Tujhe Dekha to Yeh`, `Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane`, `Mehndi Lagake Rakhna`, `Mere Khawabon Mei`n, `Zara Sa Jhoom Loon`, `Ghar Aaja Pardesi` and `Ho Gaya Hai Tujhko To`.
Authentic online information on Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is offered at sitagita.com. Feel free to browse through the site.