Kalyanji Anandji are the famous music composer duo who rocked the Bollywood music industry during 1970s. They are one of the music composer duos who had a consistent successful career all through their lives. They are known for their sweet melodious music. The duo maestro are two brothers hailing from Guajarat. Kalyanji Anandji are noted for some of the best works in Safar, Don and Saraswati Chandra.
Some of the popular compositions of Kalyanji Anandji include:
Awards won by Kalyanji Anandji:
- "Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz" (Kora Kagaz, 1973) - this soundtrack fetch them Filmfare Award
- "Phool Tumhe Bheja Hai Khat Main" (Saraswatichandra, 1968)
- "Salaam-e-ishq Meri Jaan" (Muqaddar Ka Sikander 1978)
- "Zindagi Ka Safar Hai Ye Kaisa Safar" (Safar, 1970)
- "Khaike Paan Banaraswala" (Don, 1978)
- "Main To Ek Khwab Hoon" (Himalay Ki God Mein, 1965)
- "Kya Hua Kya Nahin" (Yudh, 1985)
- "Mere Desh Ki Dharti" (Upkar, 1967)
- Filmfare Award for the movie Kora Kagaz in 1974
- Filmfare Award for the movie Saraswati Chandra in 1968
Early life of Kalyanji Anandji: Kalyanji and Anandji are the sons of a Gujarati merchant Virji Shah. Both the brothers were fond of music and took their early music lesson from a music teacher. Kalyanji is famous for playing the snake charmer`s flute in the song ` man dole mera tan dole`. Kalyanji started an orchestral group of his own which was known as Kalyanji Virji and Party. It is known that famous singer and composer Hemant Kumar was the mentor of Kalyanji Anandji. The two brothers were famous for their love songs as well as poetry recitations. Kalyanji passed away in the year 2000.
Best works of Kalyanji and Anandji: The music duo have worked and composed music for many box office hit movies like Zanjeer, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Haath Ki Safai and Purab Aur Paschim. They have also created evergreen music for the movie Ghungroo, Hera Pheri, Laawaris and Upkar. Kalyanji Anandji together have composed some great hits. Their passion for music has led for immense success in their career. Kalyanji Virji Shah`s first work was for the movie Samrat Chandragupta released in 1959. Acted by Bharat Bhushan and Nirupa Roy it was one of the greatest musical hits of Kalyanji. `Chahe Pass Ho` sang by Lata Mangeshkar and Mohamman Rafi is one of the greatest hits and is still remembered today.
Keen to know more about popular musicians in Bollywood? Keep browsing the links at our informative site sitagita.com