Karishma Kapoor is not only a successful actor in Bollywood films but has also won the National Film Award. In the year 1991, she acted in her debut film. Later on with her much acclaimed roles, she is acknowledged as one of the most popular Indian female actor who won the National Film Award. As a talented actor, Karishma Kapoor has played different roles in several movies. Moreover, her films like Fiza and Zubeidaa seemed to be her best films. It is for these two films that Karishma achieved the Best actress awards at the Filmfare award ceremony.
Born on 25th June in 1974, Karishma Kapoor is the daughter of Randhir Kapoor and Babita Kapoor. Karishma Kapoor`s nick name is Lolo. Famous Bollywood female actor, Kareena Kapoor is the sister of Karishma. In her childhood, Karishma completed her education from the Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai. As a granddaughter of late Raj Kapoor, Karishma is a very vibrant person. On the 29th September in 2003, Karishma married to the famous industrialist Sanjay Kapur who is by profession the CEO of Sixt India.
Best Films Acted By Karishma Kapoor:
Some of the films acted by Karishma Kapoor are Fiza, Zubeidaa, Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Babu, Gopi Kishan, Coolie No.1, Saajan Chale Sasural, Raja Hindustani, Judwaa, Dil To Pagal Hai, Biwi No.1, Hum Saath-Saath Hain:We Stand United, Chal Mere Bhai, Jaanwar, Om Shanti Om, Merre Jeevan Sathi and many other films.
National Film Awards:
She won the National Film Awards as Best Supporting Actress for the film Dil To Pagal Hai in the year 1998.
For her wonderful acting, she achieved several Filmfare Awards. These awards include-
- Filmfare Best Actress Award for the film Raja Hindustani in 1997
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for the film Dil To Pagal Hai in 1998
- Filmfare Best Actress Award for the film Fiza in 2001
- Best Actress (critics) for the film Zubeidaa in 2002
Apart from these awards, Karishma Kapoor also got some famous awards, which are listed below-
Zee Cine Awards:
- IIFA Best Actress Award for the film Fiza in 2001
Bengal Film Journalists` Association Awards:
- Zee Cine Award Best Actor in a Supporting Role- Female for the film Dil To Pagal Hai in 1998
- Zee Premiere Choice- Female for the film Fiza in 2001
Bollywood Movie Awards:
- Best Actress (Hindi Movies) for the film Fiza in 2001
- Bollywood Movie Award - Best Actress for the film Fiza in 2001
- Bollywood Movie Award - Most Sensational Actress for the film Shakti: The Power in 2003
Log on to site sitagita.com to get detailed information on all the Popular Female Actors in Bollywood and other relevant information on Bollywood.