The love story of famous celebrity couple Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh makes for a perfect material for a fairytale romance. Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh tied the knot in October 1991 in a secret ceremony that was attended only by close friends. There marriage made news all over the country as Amrita is five years older than Saif. Their marriage ceremony was a low key affair as Saif`s parents did not approve of it. The two have a daughter named Sara and a son named Ibrahim.
Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh met at a party and Amrita Singh, who was an established leading lady in the film industry at that time, invited him home and told him to get his own bottle of Scotch. The cupid struck the two that night and as Saif famously said, "I never left.``
Saif Ali Khan was born on 16th August 1970 to two of India`s most noted personalities of the time, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, former captain of Indian cricket team, and erstwhile actress Sharmila Tagore. On growing up, Saif had two career options open for him, one being an actor and other being a cricketer. He opted to try his luck in Bollywood and debuted with Aashiq Awara in the year 1993.
This film was well received by the audiences` country wide and cemented Saif`s position as a newcomer to watch out for.
However, Saif had to face his share of struggles and it took him another eight to ten years to finally establish himself as a bankable star in the film industry. His wife, Amrita Singh acted as his support system during these trying times when he was trying to gain a foothold in the industry. Finally it was Farhan Akhtar`s Dil Chahta Hai, released in 2001, that gave him a new platform to prove his acting prowess and ever since then there has been no looking back for this "rock star" of Bollywood.
Some of the awards and nominations received by Saif Ali Khan are listed below:
- Winner of Filmfare Best Male Debut Award for Aashiq Awara
- Nominated for Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Main Khiladi Tu Anari
- Nominated for Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Kachche Dhaage
- Winner of Filmfare Best Comedian Award for Dil Chahta Hai
- Double-Winner of Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award and Filmfare Motorola "Moto Look of the Year" for Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Winner of Filmfare Best Comedian Award and National Film Award for Best Actor for the critically acclaimed film Hum Tum
- Winner of Filmfare Best Villain Award for Omkara
Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh separated in the year 2004.
Authentic online information on Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh and other famous Bollywood real life couples offered only at sitagita.