1. Ear pain can occur due to allergy,
2. Filling of wax in the ear,
4. Entry of any foreign body in the ear or infection in the Eustachian tube which connects ear, nose and throat.
Before you reach the hospital
1. If you have pain while you are lying down, sit down with head held up straight.
2. Chewing something like Chewing gum, will help to open up the clogged Eustachian tube and thus reduce the pain
3. Avoid cold food and water
4. Take care to avoid wetting the ear. Close the ears with cotton swabs, while bathing.
5. Apply warm nutmeg oil in the area surrounding the ear