It isn`t enough if you have a gorgeous face and a soft and glowing skin. Your rough hands and calloused feet might give the whole game away. Keep your hands and feet soft and supple too. Here`s how :
reveal your true age. The skin on your hands is thin and delicate; you need to take special care of them.
- Soak hands in warm water for five minutes and then pat dry with a soft towel.
- When dry, cut your nails (they will have softened with the soaking). Always remember to file nails in one direction and not back and forth as it will split the nails and weaken them.
- Use a hand cream on your fingers and the back of your hand.
For your feet, you have another special routine that you could follow:
- Warm some water and add a pinch of salt to it. Soak your feet for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Then scrub (but not too hard) your feet with a pumice stone, especially on calluses, corns and rough cracked heels when the skin is still damp.
- Clean your toes and toe nails using a nailbrush before you clip them. Always clip your nails straight across to prevent painful ingrown toenails.
- After you`ve cleaned and clipped, apply a foot cream on the top and soles of your feet. Concentrate on the rough portions. Let your feet absorb the cream for about 15 minutes and put on fluffy cotton socks. The warmth from the socks helps trap in the moisture and cream into the skin.
More Hands and Feet Care