Are you looking for a salon for a perfect pedicure? Stop right there! You do not need a salon for a professional pedicure as you can do it at your home. Girls love to wear sandals during summers as they feel comfortable and look cool wearing them, but before you put your feet in sandals, take a hard look at them. Are they well groomed to wear sandals without socks and if they are not, you need a fine pedicure. Regular care of your feet would not take time to make them attractive and then you certainly don`t require a second thought for wearing sandals.
Quality clippers, exfoliators and cuticle pushers are some instruments that would help you to achieve the required look for your feet. With right tools and below listed steps, you can get your feet and toes worthy of being in limelight:
- First of all, soak your feet in warm water in a small tub. Keep your feet inside the water for about 10 minutes. Add a few drops of essential oils to warm water such as rosemary or lavender to relax your feet. If you have fungal infection, you can add clove oil or tea tree oil in that water as it helps in speedy recovery from the infection.
- As your foot and toe skin has become soft, gently scrub the bottoms, concentrating on the heels with an exfoliating scrub and pumice stone or abrasive pedicure file. Make sure that you do not exfoliate too much causing outer skin to remove.
- Dry your feet gently with a towel and then massage a cuticle cream into the cuticles. Then put a drop of cuticle oil onto each nail and buff them as it increases their strength and shine.
- Now take moisturizer on your palm and rub it gently on your feet and ankle in small circular motions.
- Now trim your nails as after the application of moisturizer, the thick toe nails have become quite soft. File your nails after trimming and start filing them from one of the outer ends towards the center.
- After cleaning, moisturization, and filing your nails, apply a clear nail paint on your toenails or you can even use a colored nail paint. Apply at least two to three coats for a perfect polish and so that it sets gently. It will take about 15 minutes to dry so sit back and relax your feet.