Potatoes can be an important alternative therapy for skin problems. The next time your skin needs help - try potato therapy.
Let us take a quick look at the various ways potatoes can help you.
- They relieve dark or puffy circles under your eyes.
- They also remove excess oil from your face.
- A grated raw potato can be used as a mask. Keep it for 30 minutes. You can wash it off with water and a little vinegar.
- Need a compress to bring down a swelling? Put some grated potato in gauze. Leave it on for 30-35 minutes while you put your feet up.
- Here is a recipe for an effective skin cleanser. Try it - you`ll be amazed at the difference it makes to your skin!
- Chopped cucumber (with peel) -1/4 cup
- Chopped potato (with peel) -1/4 cup
- Egg -1
- Plain curd -1 cup
- Put the potato and cucumber in a blender and whip for about twenty seconds.
- Add curd and egg. Blend the two together.
- Dampen your face. And apply the mixture using a clean wash cloth.
- Rinse clean with warm water.
You can also use potatoes to:
- Treat skin scars by washing regularly with water and cooled potato juice.
- Treat sunburn by applying raw grated potato on affected areas.
- Ease aching areas by massaging affected areas with in which potatoes have been boiled.
- Three cheers for the versatile potato! It adds a glow to life!