Remember, make-up that you put on for the day can look pretty different when the evening descends! If you are in artificial lighting, you may end up looking faded or washed out!
Looking for hot party tips? Here we go....
- Always use warmer / deeper colors for the evenings.
- If you have a round face, use a little blusher on the high part of the cheek, close to the nose, and blend it lightly across the rounded cheeks
- If you have a slender face, you need to create an illusion of width. Dab your blusher on the outer curves of the cheek, away from the nose. Blend well, outwards, towards the temples.
- Got a square face? Focus on softenin the angles of the jaw line by a hint of shadowing. Pat on blusher, and blend it well across the square jaw line. Rouge, softly blended, under the jaw line reduces the square effect.
- Your jaw line can look more clear-cut with this trick for the gala evening.
- Accentuate cheek bones for evening makeup. Use a liquid foundation, a shade lighter than usual. Apply it in little dabs on the top of the cheek bones and on to the corners of the nose. Blend well.
- Focus extra attention on eyes and mouth. Outline your face very lightly with blusher, blending it well with feathery strokes.
- Powder blushers will add color without shine. If you have oily skin, you should avoid using cream blushers.
- If your face looks oily halfway through the day, try this trick: Take a blusher brush, rinse it with cool water and allow to dry. Sprinkle some baby powder into the open bristles and dust this powder over your face before applying your foundation.
- If your complexion is too sallow or dull ,don`t let a very pink foundation tempt you.
- You should also avoid a clear beige foundations.
- Remember yellow or green colors in make will make your skin look more dull, so avoid these shades completely.
- In stead pick warm shades. Choose a warm beige foundation and clear blue / magenta / bronze eye shadow.
- Lipsticks in burnt orange, rust, copper or red tones are best suited for Indian skins.
- Pale complexion? Avoid using a pink foundation. Choose a clear natural foundation for a natural look. Avoid very dark eye shadows / lipsticks. They will make you look tired!
- Go for dull rust or brown eyeshades.
- Use a soft blusher on cheeks, chin and forehead.
- Never try to match the eye shadow color to your eye color and lip color to nail color. The results can be disastrous!
- Make your false eyelashes look natural by brushing both the false and real lashes with a little mascara after putting them on.
- To achieve a subtle look, avoid a thick, defined eye liner.
- In stead, draw a thin line at the roots of the eyelashes with a soft dark brown eye shadow or use an eye pencil.
- This gives a wonderful smudged look.
- In winter months, pearl-gray, shell, ivory and beige eye shadows can be easily carried off.
- Highlighters are a no-no during the daytime.
- Are your lips are too thin and straight? Try applying your lipstick slightly above the line of the upper lip and slightly below the line of the lower lip.
- Use a lip pencil to define the lines first before you fill in with lipstick.
- You can make your lips look fuller: use a dark / rich shade of lipstick in the center ( deep plum, red, magenta) and a lighter shade in the corners ( peach, mauve, burnt orange). Make sure you blend them well.
Discover a "new you" with these simple tips. Try these tips in the privacy of your home, and see how they look on you! Perfect your party make-up techniques and go right ahead and wow the party crowd.....