Winter season is loved by many of us but when we talk of makeup in winters, it needs a different approach as compared to other seasons. As skin becomes quite dry during winters, normal makeup wouldn`t work. Beauty products that work well during other seasons do not necessarily work the same way in winters because cold weather might be devastating for looks that you worked on for hours. Extra attention is needed during winters as cold weather and dry winds add to dryness. To look perfect during winters, follow the below listed makeup tips:
- Before applying makeup on your face, choose a good face cream with moisturizers so that your skin does not become dry.
- Use a cream that uses a light consistency moisturizer so that it gets absorbed in your skin before applying the layer of makeup. The moisturizers or creams that are not absorbed by your skin, may leave a moisture level beneath your makeup. This could damage your makeup so take proper care before choosing a face cream or moisturizer.
- As temperature changes quite frequently during winters, you can apply powder makeup foundation as it is resistant to temperature changes.
- Use water-proof mascara, eyeliners, or other makeup items so that your makeup stays for long.
- Don`t use loose powder during winters as it may lead to dryness, and your skin appears cracked.
- Eye makeup during winters can be done in many defined ways but make sure that the eye-shadows and blushes you use do not contain vaseline. Vaseline containing substances are not recommended for cold weather.
- Lipsticks should be preferred over lipgloss during winters. Well moisturize your lips during winters, otherwise they may appear cracked or rough.
- Use a sunscreen based moisturizer or foundation to protect your skin from sun damage.
- Don`t wash your face with hot water as it adds to dryness. Use warm water to wash your face and apply a gentle moisturizer before going to bed.
Use makeup according to your skin type. Dry skin may become even worse during winters so choose makeup products wisely. Smoky eyes look great during winters so if you`re heading to a party, you can opt for smoky eyes. A sheer layer of creamy blush can add attraction to your looks. Gentle moisturizer and healthy diet are the key for a glowing and soft skin during winters. Enjoy this winter with above listed tips.