You splashed an oil-based moisturiser on your face without realising your skin is oily? Oops.... That spells trouble for your skin. Most often, it is treatment without proper diagnosis that leads to complications. Let us check out what is your skin type. Keep ticking the appropriate answers:
Your Skin Is
- Smooth with no visible pores/never had those white flakes even in winter/has an even tone
- Has a fine texture; prone to wrinkles/more vulnerable to extreme climatic changes
- Has open pores/when you rise, you really shine, thanks to oily patches/ more susceptible to black spots
- Fragile and translucent/tends to become flushed, blotched and irritated
- Dark/tends toward extremes of oiliness or dryness
- Olive or wheatish/has large pores and is sallow
All it takes is five minutes to make a difference. Are you ready?
Your skin is normal if you belong to the first category
, you should cleanse your skin, use an alcohol-free toner and hydrate with a moisturiser.
If it is the second category, then you have dry skin
. So, you should use a mild cleanser and moisten the cotton ball before dipping it in the alcohol-free toner. Use an enriched moisturiser. Use a night cream at bed time.
If it is the third category, then you have oily skin
. Make sure you wash your face quite regularly. But use a soap-free face wash. Of course, you can use a moisturiser, but it should be oil-free or a gel moisturiser.
If it is fourth category,then you have sensitive skin
. Look out for hypoallergenic products that are scent-free. Make sure you do a patch test (use on the other parts of the body to see if you are allergic), before applying anything on your face.
If you belong to fifth category
, use a peel-off mask. Just spend some time to identify the problem. If it is dryness you are bothered about, use a cream-based mask. And if it is oily, then a gel-based mask will do.
If you belong to the sixth category then it means your skin is lifeless
. All you need to do is exfoliate the dead skin. There, you`ll find a fresh new you, underneath!