You`re ill or have been ill for a while. And it`s beginning to tell on you. You`re sick of being sick, sick of looking ill. Well to quote an old clich© - when the going gets tough...... so let`s get going. And do what we can to help you look better - and hence feel better.
First of all - beauty isn`t all about cosmetics and makeup. Very often, illness and make up may not go well together - so lets try other methods to look good.
- You may have good reason to feel low. But try to count your blessings and think of the brighter side of life. Your attitude will show on your face - and make a world of difference to how you look. Don`t let depressing thoughts take you over. There`s nothing more impressive than people bearing their affliction or illness cheerfully and bravely.
- There is no need to look the part - of a patient. Keep yourself fresh and tidy. Unkempt hair and unwashed faces make you look worse than you feel.
- Drab colours do nothing to boost your mood. Wear cheerful colours. You can add some blush to your cheeks and shine on your lips - if make up helps you feel better.
- Food may be anathema to you right now. But eat what you can - even if it is in little bits and pieces. Every mouthful of nutritious food goes a long way in helping you get better and look better.
- Practise deep breathing every day - and as often as you can. Even the worst of sceptics are finally beginning to believe in it now. It helps you in more ways than you can tell.
- Drink lots of water. Medication always has its side effects. It`s best to flush the toxins out of your system. Water can clean out your system and leave you hydrated, fresh and glowing.
- Exercise as much as you can - or have been allowed to - try regular walks - or even just sitting out in the fresh air in the mornings or evenings. But you need to necessarily check with your doctor before you start any kind of exercise at all.
- Are you well enough to have a massage? If your doctor allows it - get one - it works wonders for the complexion - if done well.