Planning to streak, tint or colour your hair? Here are some useful tips for you.
- Think twice about colouring hair that is not in good condition. You`ll only end up making it worse.
- Deep condition dry hair before you colour it.
- Don`t go in for a radical change. It won`t sit well with your complexion. Start off with colours that are two shades darker or lighter than your natural colour.
- If your complexion isn`t clear, don`t choose solid colours that are very dark or very light. Only clear skins can carry them off.
- There are special shampoos for hair that has been coloured. Use these shampoos only. The will help protect your hair.
- Coloured hair should be conditioned regularly. Don`t wait till your hair gets dry.
- Always pick a colour that will enhance your looks. The wrong colour could have a counteractive effect.
- If you choose a darker colour, it is advisable to use a dab of Vaseline at your hairline to prevent the colour from spilling onto your skin. But if you get Vaseline onto our hair, it might prevent that bit of the hair from getting dyed. You need to be careful and draw an extra fine line.
- Wet hair needs to be handled with extra care. Coloured hair tends to break easily. Gently remove the tangles with your hand.
- Avoid hairbrushes. Use a wide toothed comb to keep to your hair in order.
If your hair still tends to get dry and brittle, consult your beautician.