Perms are glamorous, they`re beautiful and what`s more - they are in fashion. Ditto for coloured hair.
If you combine the two - you can make quite a fashion statement.
But beware! If not done right, the treatment can damage your hair. You need to pay extra care to hair that is permed and coloured. Here are a few tips to keep you going.
- If you`re planning a perm and a colour - here is a mantra you should abide by: Never perm coloured hair. The colour should follow the perm.
- If you are planning to use a colour glaze - it must be done on the same day as your perm.
- Your hair cuticles will be open and more receptive. Therefore the colour will penetrate deeper into the hair shaft. This way your hair is conditioned better and the colour remains for a longer time.
- Semi-permanent colour may also be used on the same day as your perm if your hair is in good condition.
- If you would rather choose a permanent colour for your hair, it is best done a week after the perm. But if you wait longer than that - it could be a problem again. A week is ideal.
- Re-perming your hair is a tricky process. It is vital that you use the same products as you did the first time. Different brands have different chemical formulations. And sometimes they are not compatible with the other. A change of brand could cause extensive damage to your hair.
- Hair needs to be well rinsed to wash off the residue of chemicals.
- Hair that has been treated with perms and colours needs to be conditioned and looked after extra well.
Visit a reliable beauty parlour for help when you a perm or colour. Don`t try doing it yourself at home - unless you have good knowledge and experience about such things.