Hair loss can be due to so many causes environmental, eating habits, improper maintenance, use of wrong products and so on. All problems have solutions you have to see which one relates to your particular problem and take remedial steps to stop the hair loss.
- Are you getting enough protein in your daily intake? Amino acids are very important for healthy hair growth. Should your intake be insufficient for a long period, the hair gets forced into a resting phase (growth is impaired) and is soon shed. As you can see, protein rich foods are a must in your daily diet you will get sufficient protein from dairy products, soya, nuts, grains, fish, poultry and lean meats. Counting calories? Well, reserve 15% of calories for protein-rich foods.
- Many fad diets ask you to exclude carbohydrates from your food. This is a grave mistake as carbohydrates are an essential source of energy and play an important part in the growth of body tissue, which includes hair. B vitamins that are very important for healthy hair are present in carbohydrates. Remember we are talking of non-refined carbs and not the refined carbs like sugar or maida. Foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, brown rice and potatoes are all good sources of healthy carbs. At least 55-60% of your daily calorie coun should be from carbs.
- Fat is another much-maligned substance in fad diets that insist on placing a big taboo on these. It is important that you achieve a healthy balance of dietary fats in order to maintain an effective diet. Fat is necessary for energy production and a certain level is essential for good health. Sources of fat are both animal and plant sources. See that at least 25-30% of the daily calorie intake is from these sources.
- Several factors like age, health, sex and the level of physical activity should be taken into account when deciding on the right nutritional balance.
- A general rule of thumb is that you should always eat a variety of foods in order to derive maximum benefit.
- Eat all junk foods in moderation (this is especially for teenagers who have a weakness for these empty calorie foods)
- Do not make it a habit to consume highly processed foods - they have lost all their goodness while being processed.
- Never over-cook the food. It results in throwing out of all the nutrition.
on 22 Sep 10 15:47:36
Hi, I am 18 years old and having a major probelem of hair loss ,i m only combing my hairs and a bunch of hair comes out,i have dandruff also and most of my hairs are white now please tell me what can i do though i am massaging my hair with olive oil also and wash them one time in a week with dove shampoo and conditioner.
on 26 Jul 10 23:13:11
my hair fall is very frequently.so what is remides pls suggest me
on 29 Jun 10 15:38:52
Hi, I am having hypothyroid & have severe hair loss. Though I am taking homeopathic medicine for this but there is no improvement in my hair growth.I have slight curly hair,what are the natural ways to which can be taken for hair loss also what needs to eaten daily which can increase my hairngrowth faster?