Split ends, hair-fall, dandruff, are some common hair problems that we usually hear from most of the ladies and even some gentleman. People often try different products to get over these hair problems, but they don`t work to eliminate the basic cause. Hair damage is the one major reason contributing to hair problems thus one should prevent it. Hair damage is caused by various factors but certain steps if followed can help you to achieve problem free hairs.
One of the most common reasons for hair damage are chemicals. Chemicals in any form damage your hair, to a certain extent. Many of you are used to get hair perming, coloring, and hair highlight and all these procedures uses chemicals that ultimately lead to hair damage. Other chemical sources contributing to hair damage are pool bath, hard water, etc.
- Avoid using chemicals as natural hair looks more beautiful and even if choose some styling techniques, select the most gentle ones. Condition your hairs more often if you use chemicals on your hair.
- Before going to a pool bath, beach or lake, safeguard your hair with a swim cap, applying oil, or leave-in conditioner. Shampoo your hair after swimming and rinse them well for further protection.
- Use soft water, free from extra chlorine or calcium carbonate to wash your hair as continuous use of hard water may damage your hair.
Combing and Brushing:
As your hair ends are quite fragile, brushing and combing techniques play an important role in preventing hair damage. Don`t be harsh while combing or brushing your hair as it could lead to damage and don`t comb your hair too often.
- Use gentle comb or brush that do not hurt you. If you have thick hairs, use a wide-toothed comb to untangle your hair. Try to use a comb instead of brush as they are more gentle on your hair.
- Don`t comb your hair too many times as it may lead to hair pullout.
- Start combing your hair gently and in mid-way when you find a tangle, untangle it with your fingers and then proceed further.
Sun and Weather:
Sun and critical weather conditions are among major causes damaging your hair. Direct exposure to sun could lead to serious hair problems. To avoid damage from sun wear a protection cover such as a hat or wrap your hair in a cloth while steeping out in the sun. You can also use conditioners that have sunscreen in them for extra protection from harmful violet rays.
Washing and Drying:
Improper hair wash and washing your hair with rough shampoos also damage your hair. Using a hair dryer or rubbing your hair with a towel after wash also cause a serious damage to your hair.
- Don`t wash your hair everyday and use a suitable shampoo for your hairdo.
- Use a conditioner after every wash.
- Use a gentle method to dry your hair and give time for self-drying.
All these tips would help you prevent hair damage. As damage gives rise to various hair problems, take suggestive measures.