Dandruff is basically excessive formation of scales or flakes on the scalp that results due to the infection by bacteria and fungus. The flakes fall off from head on shoulders that can lead to embarrassing situations. Dandruff has become prominent and its affecting the major population, including teens, children and adults. Many of you have tried anti-dandruff shampoos and other agents to get rid off these visible flakes, but all have failed. As dandruff leads to excess itching, one could become irritable during the condition. Well, there are enough treatment options in the market but treating your dandruff chemically will result in short-term relief and it appears back after sometime.
To make your hair dandruff free, use the below listed home remedies:
- Apply hot olive or sesame oil on the scalp at night before going to bed. Next morning, massage your scalp with some lime juice and wash your hairs after an hour. Rinse your hairs well to remove the lime juice and oil from the scalp.
- Comb your hairs twice daily as it promotes blood circulation and keeps you away from any kind of infection. Regularly massage your scalp with oil within a week or so to avoid dryness.
- Mix an equal amount of vinegar with water and apply this mixture on your scalp before going to sleep. Wash your scalp next morning with a gentle shampoo.
- Methi seeds do wonders for your hairs and it also helps in reducing dandruff. Soak some methi seeds in water overnight and make a paste next morning. Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for few hours. Wash the scalp afterward with shikakai, ritha, amla, shampoo.
- Mix equal amounts of beetroot juice, vinegar, and ginger juice. Apply this mixture on your scalp regularly after few days to get rid off the dandruff.
- Green grams in a powdered form can be used to wash the scalp as it is a good remedy to treat the dandruff.
- Juice of fresh apple should be applied to your scalp for immediate relief from dandruff.
Keep a separate comb, towel if you have dandruff as its infectious. Don`t use others belongings such as comb or towel as you can get dandruff in a healthy scalp if the person is infected. Dandruff if not treated on time can lead to severe results and you can suffer from excessive itching and embarrassment. However, the above listed home remedies can help you in treating dandruff effectively.