Winter is one of the seasons when our body needs utmost care and concern and wants looking after. Just like any other part of the body, our hair also need special attention during this season because the hair tend to lose maximum amount of their moisture and oil during winter leaving the scalp dry and prone to problems such as dandruff.
In order to prevent your hair from any such winter-related problem, it is important that you follow some steps as part of your daily routine that help to replenish your hair and your scalp in some or the other way and try to retain their oil balance. The following is a list of some tips and guidelines that you must follow in order to give your hair the extra care during winters and experience the same luster and bounce in your hair during winter that you may be experiencing during any other season.
- Ensure to massage your hair with warm oil at least twice or thrice in one week. An effective oil massage ensures that your hair remains soft, moist and well-lubricated and also protects your hair from any harsh and cold winds of the season. For oil massages during winter, the most useful oils are coconut oil or almond oil. Take the oil in a small bowl and heat it to lukewarm. Then apply it to your hair and massage gently for at least half an hour. These two oils can be kept overnight. However, if you make use of any other oil such as any herbal oil, make sure that you don’t keep it overnight. Herbal oils have cooling capacity and render coolness to your scalp, which may be problematic during winter.
- Don’t wear woolen hats and scarves directly on your hair. They tend to make the hair more rough and thin. Instead, try covering your hair with a silk scarf or a satin, soft scarf first followed by your woolen turtlenecks, hats, or scarves.
- As much as possible, don’t keep your hair open or loose during winter. The cold winds make your hair look fragmented and fizzy. Making a braid or a bun is best for winter. However, if you still have to keep them loose, try the pony tail hair style.
- Don’t try any fashion styles during winter, such as coloring, trendy haircuts, etc. winter is the time to cover your hair and protect it from cold, not to flaunt it. Keep the hair simple with a normal hair style.
- During winter, don’t think of washing your hair very frequently. Drying the hair after washing it becomes a problem in this season, especially when the hair are long. Wash your hair just twice in one week, after a gap of three days.
- Don’t step out of the house with wet hair. Wet hair tend to absorb more cold from the surrounding, leaving you feel more cold. In case you have to go out with your hair being wet, cover the hair with a silk scarf before stepping your feet out.
These are some tips, that when kept in mind, can help you take special care of your hair during winter and protect your beautiful lashes from any harsh and cold weather conditions.