You`re good-looking, smart and confident. But it won`t amount to much if you make your presence felt in inappropriate ways. We`re talking about body odour.
BO could be the bane of your life. It could even deny ou your rightful position in life. It could socially ostracise you.
It is more noticeable in crowded areas like theatres, bus stations, railway compartments etc. Body odour certainly isn`t to be ignored.
Lets Get a Few Facts Right About BO
- Mild BO is normal with most people. The problem arises only if the smell gets offensive.
- Bacteria caused by stale sweat normally cause it. Everybody sweats. It is the body`s mechanism to cool itself down. But if sweat is not washed off regularly, it provides a breeding ground for smelly bacteria.
- This can be prevented by regularly cleaning the sweat producing areas in your body. Underarms, groin and feet contain the most sweat producing glands.
- It`s important to wash these areas two or three times a day.
- People who produce more sweat and oil need to take extra care about preventing body odour.
- The armpits are more prone to BO. Extra attention needs to be paid to this area.
- BO can transfer onto the clothes you wear. Never wear used clothes without washing them - especially if you do have a problem with BO.
- Clothes should be washed with hot water and soap and dried out in the strong sunlight.
- Pungent diets and excessive alcohol can also cause body odour. You will need to make your diet less spicy and drink more water to get rid of the problem.
The use of good soaps, deodorants and fragrances also helps in doing away with BO.