Healthy eyes are beautiful eyes. Make no mistake about that. If your eyes are bleary, tired or unhealthy, no amount of make up will make them look good. It is up to us to keep our eyes refreshed and bright. It matters little whether our eyes are big or small or black blue or grey. Healthy eyes are those with clear whites, and the iris is bright and the lids are not granulated. Healthy eyes move easily and lend animation to the whole face.
- The modern day lifestyle is more than taking its toll on our eyes. Our eyes are now expected to stare hard and long at the same screen and book for hours together now. Such immobility tenses up the muscles in the eyes and makes them distorted and weary.
- Eye movements work as adequate exercise for the eyes and keep them healthy.
- We all need to consciously move our eyes around as much as possible. Step out into the fresh air ever now and then and take a good look at everything around us. The further we endeavour to see, the better it is for our eyes.
- We also need to rest our eyes. At least twice or thrice a day we need to palm our eyes gently. How do we do this? It`s simple. All you have to do is to cup your palms and place them over your eyes. The eyes should nestle in the cup of your palms without actually touching them. After a while your eyes will be able to see a velvety black space. This is a sure sign that your eyes are getting rested.
- Blink your eyes often. Blinking helps moisturise the eyes, which refreshes them and keeps them from getting tired.
- Consume nutritious food. Vitamin A is very good for the eyes. Butter, carrot milk, cod liver oil and other fish foods help keeps the eyes healthy.
- Get adequate sleep. It`s crucial to rest the eyes. You must have eight hours of sleep everyday.